Trondheim Climate & Temperature
- Trondheim, Norway is at 63°25'N, 10°27'E, 115 m (377 ft). See map.
- Trondheim has a subarctic climate that has severe winters, no dry season, with cool, short summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfc).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Trondheim is situated in or near the boreal wet forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 5 degrees Celsius (40.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 18 °C (32.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype semicontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 0°C (32°F) on average falling to -4.7°C (23.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 7.3°C (45.2°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 0°C (32°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 17°C (62.6°F) and average low temperatures are 9.7°C (49.4°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 8.3°C (47°F) during the day and lows of 2°C (35.6°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 857 mm (33.7 inches) which is equivalent to 857 Litres/m² (21.02 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1346 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Trondheim you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Mcmurdo Sound, Antarctica where you would find a Ice Cap climate.
Trondheim Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Trondheim Climate Graph in Metric Units
Trondheim Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Trondheim, Norway Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Orland, Norway - 52.5 kms (32.7 miles) NW
- Kristiansund, Vestlandet, Norway - 139.1 kms (86.4 miles) WSW
- Kråkenes, Sogn Og Fjordane, Norway - 318.1 kms (197.6 miles) WSW
- Vagamo, Oppland, Norway - 185.6 kms (115.4 miles) SSW
- Fannaråki/ Fanaråken, Sogn Og Fjordane, Norway - 248.6 kms (154.5 miles) SSW
- Lærdal, Western Norway, Norway - 302.2 kms (187.8 miles) SSW
- Geilo, Norway - 341.1 kms (212 miles) SSW